Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I want to install a new processor in my computer, how do I change the settings?

I have a 500 in my computer now but I want to put in a 800.I want to install a new processor in my computer, how do I change the settings?First make sure the processor is compatible, then plug it in- make sure theres thermal grease under it, it's plugged in right, and there's a fan on top of it- also with thermal grease on the heat sink if you got one. Make sure to ground yourself too, with an anti static strap if you can. Anyways, compatibility should not be an issue, I don't think that you need drivers for processors, but if anything you should need to change things in the BIOS, by pressing F2 or Delete, depending on the manufacturer, on startup- it tells you.



Should work.



Good luck! :)I want to install a new processor in my computer, how do I change the settings?If your 800 processor physically fits on Mother board. Then it would work without altering any settings. Bios detects cpu automatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment