Friday, September 23, 2011

About my notebook, can I upgrade it?

My parents bought me an Acer 4920 more than half a year ago for computing in school while I'm away from home.. I'm not really into computers so I want to ask for some advice.



The specs according to the label:

- Intel Core 2 Duo T5550 (1.83 GHz 667 MHz FSB 2 MB L2 Cache)

- Up to 252 MB Mobile Intel Graphics Accelerator X3100 (i think it came integrated with the Intel Mobile Chipset 965)

- 1 GB DDR2



Do you think I can upgrade my RAM and up to how much? Can upgrade my RAM to 3GB or it should only be 2GB/4GB? What I mean is can I use RAM with 1GB + 2GB combination?



Can I also change my processor as well as my graphics driver? Up to what extent can I upgrade those hardware? Sorry for the complicated question.. Thank you and good day..About my notebook, can I upgrade it?The only hardware you can upgrade is the RAM. To find out what kind you need, and how much you can install, go to Crucial's web site and run their memory scanner. It will give you a very complete report on your RAM. You can take the info and shop around, or you can just buy what they recommend. Crucial is very good quality.





http://www.crucial.comAbout my notebook, can I upgrade it?Hard to tell as you haven't given much info.



Run a test at Crucial RAM testing (Google it) and see what they say!



Don't get 4gb of RAM, your computer will only read about 3.2 or so of it.



It would be very costly to change the processor, better off saving for a new laptop!



If you're patient, quad core will be standard soon, and dual core laptops will drop in price dramatically!

No comments:

Post a Comment