Friday, September 23, 2011

OPENOFFICE WORD PROCESSOR: How do I change the default margin settings from cm. to inches?

Ok, here's the issue: I'm using Openoffice.org Word Processor for my computer in my keyboarding class. We have recently been learning how to format memos and email messages. For this assignment, we are required to adjust our margins on the top and left of the page. The problem is that my computer (and only mine; I'm the only one with this problem) has the default margin settings on centimeters. My class is operating on inches.



We always go under Format%26gt;Page window to adjust our margin settings. I have found out how to temporarily change the settings: If I right-click when pointed on the margin, it will temporarily change to inches. But this doesn't change the selections under Format%26gt;Page - those are still in centimeters. I need to figure out how to change my default settings. Does anybody know how to do this?OPENOFFICE WORD PROCESSOR: How do I change the default margin settings from cm. to inches?On OpenOffice.org Writer 2.4 (and presumably other versions):



1. Select %26quot;Options...%26quot; from the %26quot;Tools%26quot; menu.



2. In the left-hand pane, expand %26quot;OpenOffice.org Writer%26quot; and select %26quot;General%26quot;.



3. The %26quot;Measurement unit%26quot; is under %26quot;Settings%26quot; in the main dialog area.OPENOFFICE WORD PROCESSOR: How do I change the default margin settings from cm. to inches?Just use a converter from inches to cm on a calculatorOPENOFFICE WORD PROCESSOR: How do I change the default margin settings from cm. to inches?Go in to... Options ... to change that.OPENOFFICE WORD PROCESSOR: How do I change the default margin settings from cm. to inches?Go to Tools %26gt; Options, select OpenOffice.org Writer, select General - and change the Measurement Unit under Settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment