Friday, June 3, 2011

Can I change my Processor ?

I have a CPU with VIA VT8601T based mother board and Intel Celeron SL6CA Processor. I want to upgrade its processor to another with higher speed an cache. Is this possible ? If yes How? Which processors can be used in this in the place of SL6CA?Can I change my Processor ?The Celeron SL6CA mounts in a socket 370 motherboard. How old is this rig? It's been around several years, hasn't it? The fasted CPU's for socket 370 topped out at 1.4 GHz. You'd have to track down a used one because they haven't been made for years. If you go to Wal-Mart and buy the very cheapest, crappiest rig they sell, it's going to perform better than your current rig. That stinks, I know, but that's how it is with computers.Can I change my Processor ?go to your motherboards cpu support page and see what cpu options you have. You may have to flash the bios on your board because, as new cpus come out, they come up with bios upgrades to run the new cpus. Also make sure that, if you need a certain revision of your board to run the cpu that you have at least that revision. The revision is shown on the board near the model number.
  • fear of solo traveling
  • mentally ill person
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment