Friday, June 3, 2011

Is an upgrade from an AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core processor to an Intel i3 possible?

I have an HP tx2500 laptop that I would like to upgrade the processor in. I know how to change the processor, I have already taken it apart once. Actually another question is what would be better performance and money wise, upgrading to an SSD or the i3? I can get the i3 for about 100 dollars from Tigerdirect.Is an upgrade from an AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core processor to an Intel i3 possible?No, that's completely impossible. First of all, AMD sockets and Intel sockets are just about 100% incompatible. Secondly, you're trying to put a Desktop i3 530 CPU into a laptop, which isn't going to happen. If it costs just $100, it's the desktop version, why? Because laptop CPUs are typically more expensive, and I just saw the ad. As for upgrading to an SSD, it'll improve your boot times, and load times, but currently, I think your system is good enough as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment