Thursday, November 25, 2010

Can I change the processor on my desktop by myself?

I want to play the Sims 3, but it requires a 2.0GHz P4 processor, but mine only has a 1.80GHz. I just want to know how easy it would be for me to buy a processor and replace it.Can I change the processor on my desktop by myself?if you have a laptop, you cannot upgrade the processor as it is soldered to the motherboard.



if you have a desktop, you can buy P4 processors from many companies online to upgrade your processor (such as newegg or tigerdirect) it is pretty simple to replace a processor on your own as long as you can follow instructions and are detail oriented.



the only P4 chip newegg offers is this one



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as



but it is a 3.0Ghz processor so it will blow your current one out of the water.Can I change the processor on my desktop by myself?AND.. just HOW to you plan to CLOCK IT or get it to match up with the OLD ADDRESS and DATA BUSSES?



If you want a faster computer.. then BUY ONE.. the days of owner upgradings are gone forever.Can I change the processor on my desktop by myself?It's pretty easy dude.... Unless you dont drop the chip and cost yourself. ;)

But it's better to get it done from someone who has done it before. You can learn and then do it on your own d next time. :)Can I change the processor on my desktop by myself?I suggest you let an experienced technician to do this for you. You can be assured that the upgrade you want is possible and flawless.

No comments:

Post a Comment