Thursday, November 25, 2010

Could I change the processor in an Hp Desktop?

I'm planning on buying an HP desktop but their processors only go up a certain degree (the Core 2 Quad processor Q9550)

If I wanted to change it to the Core 2 Extreme or better would it be compatible as well?

How can I cehck this?Could I change the processor in an Hp Desktop?it should be, as it's the same socket, but you would really need to find out what motherboard it has in it, then check the compatibility chart on that motherboard to ensure it works.Could I change the processor in an Hp Desktop?you have to find out the model of the motherboard to see the list of compatible cpu's



what desktop is it and i will look it up?Could I change the processor in an Hp Desktop?As long as its the same socket type it should work when you take out the old cpu look around there and it should say what socket type it isCould I change the processor in an Hp Desktop?The extreme would require a larger front side bus (FSB) which the HP may not support. Remember that just because it fits doesn't necessarily mean it will work!

No comments:

Post a Comment