Thursday, November 25, 2010

How do i tell if a processor I want to order fits my Motherboard?

i plan on ordering a new processor for my computer and since i have never worked with changing processors, i have no idea how to tell what should fit my MotherboardHow do i tell if a processor I want to order fits my Motherboard?First, the socket numbers need to match.



Second, the acutal motherboard chipset has to support the processor you want to upgrade to.



So, you need the sockets to match and the chipset to support the new processor.



Pentium 4's were on socket 478 and 775.

AMD X2's were on socket 939 and now AM2.How do i tell if a processor I want to order fits my Motherboard?What is the model of motherboard you have?

What processor do you want?

You can eMail me at:

LairHillComputing@Gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment